Can you believe Christmas will be here next week?! If you plan to travel, here are some travel secrets to keep your trip organized without breaking the bank:
- Bring Reusable Water Bottles: This has been a ‘travel rule’ for as long as I can remember. Water bottles at the airport or convenient stations are expensive and you’ll save money by brining your own. If you’re traveling through airport security, make sure your bottle is empty and fill it up when you pass through. Quite a few airports now have dedicated water stations for filling up water bottles.
- Bring Snacks: This is similar to the water bottle strategy. Bring dry food such as cereal bars, pretzels, dried fruit, nuts, etc. If you are traveling with small children, make sure to pack plenty of their favorite snacks because the airport or gas stations typically won’t have them.
- Ziplock Bags: Bring sandwich size and gallon size ziplock bags. They’re a great way to keep items in your handbag organized such as snacks. The gallon size bags come in handy for collecting garbage. If you are traveling with a baby, the gallon size comes in handy for any spoiled clothes.
- Print Itineraries: Have all of your confirmation codes with you and keep all of the information in one place. I do keep most of our travel information stored on my smartphone but I still print out confirmations to be on the safe side. If your phone gets lost or stolen, you could be in a bind without it.
- Use Check Lists: Check lists are a great way to make sure don’t forget anything. Use two separate checklists, one for prepping the house and another one for packing. Start packing at least a few days early, this will allow you to figure out what needs to be washed and what you may need to buy.
Do you have any travel secrets?