Losing weight is hard, really hard at times. Being a former athlete, weight loss was never a struggle until now. Losing the pregnancy weight the second time around was a challenge, much harder than the first one as most mothers can agree with. Your body never goes back to what it was pre baby but you can get back to your ideal weight. There is no magic formula, it comes down to three things: Nutrition, Exercise, and Writing Down Your Goals.
Here’s how you can lose the weight, whether it’s weight in general or baby weight:
- Set Goals & Write Them Down. Goals are merely a dream if they are not written and you can’t look at them everyday. Grab a pen and paper and write it down. You can even use a post-it and put it on your bathroom mirror where you can look at it everyday. Look at your goals everyday, sometimes more than once a day. Looking at your goals holds you accountable and helps you plan your day by writing down what you can do that day to continue to work towards your goal. If don’t look at your goals everyday, you’ll lose site and focus.
- Nutrition. This was probably the most important. We are a product of what we consume through our bodies whether it’s food or beverage. Analyze what you are consuming throughout the day, write it down. It doesn’t need to happen everyday but write down what you consume for a couple of days or a week and see what you actually consume. It may surprise you more than you think, I know I was surprised by the results. After making your analysis, decide what you could’ve gone without that day. Start with choosing one item to eliminate and build off of that everyday. Here’s a sample of my diet and what changed.
- Breakfast: Protein shake every morning
- Lunch: Usually a sandwich and chips. I didn’t want to give up chips entirely so I had less of them and added a vegetable.
- Dinner: Less carbs. The goal was to have a Paleo type of meal.
- Exercise: Fitness is not only important to your overall health, it is critical in losing weight. Find a workout system that works for you and stick to it. Better yet, find a friend where you both can hold each other accountable. Working moms don’t have much time to themselves and finding time to workout can be a challenge but you can do it. Hour workouts for working moms is very challenging because an hour is a lot. It’s easy to fail at this task because the commitment is too much. Weather you have an hour or not, everyone has 30 minutes. There are plenty of workout regimens out there that can get the job done in 30 minutes or less. Some very popular and successful at home workout programs are: P90X, Insanity, T25, 21 Day Fix. These are all from Beachboy. What’s really nice about all of their programs is they come with a schedule to follow. This is one of the best ways to stay on track and organized by following a schedule.
Every person’s body type is different but at the end of the day it all comes down to hard working and staying focused. Download your free printable here to help you start shedding the weight! Download
Was it hard or easy for you to lose the baby weight? Share your comments below!