Washi Tape. It’s everywhere these days, Target, Michael’s, Office Depot, Amazon. Up until a few years ago, I had no clue what it was and really never understood the obsession with it, I do now. There are cute designs, it’s easy to apply and remove, and it lasts awhile (depending on how often you use it).
If you’re wondering what washi tape is, it’s adhesive tape that can be used for crafting, decorating, and more. I decided to get my hands on a few to test it out and really liked it. It’s easy to write on and really can dress up something that’s a bit plain. There’s so many designs of washi tape that you really can customize it to your style and preference.
Here are a few ways you can organize with washi tape:
- Planner: If you use a paper planner use it to block off certain days in your calendar. Plan out your weeks and differentiate them by different colors. For example, if you have a trip planned or birthday coming up use the tape to make it stand out.
- Binder spines: Take the tape and use it down the spine of the binder. If you have multiple binders, use different tape to identify each binder.
- Storage bins: If you have storage bins, use the tape on the outside to label the bin. Using white or clear storage bins have the best application use for this because you can dress them up a bit. I took a three tier clear drawer shelf we have and put different colored washi tape on each drawer and it looks so much better than the plain white label tape I’d been using. I took the label tape and put it on the washi tape.
- Scrapbooking: Border your pictures or pages and make them pretty! Using washi tape is much easier than using page borders. It’s also easier to make corrections with washi tape because of it’s versatility.
- Label Cords: Keep your cords organized without having to buy label tags. Use a variety of colors to easily identify them.
- Binder Clips: Say goodbye to boring clips! This one could be a bit tedious but when it’s done, you’ll be happy
Ready to get on board with washi tape now?! It’s a great way to label things, dress up a storage bin or make your planner prettier. Pinterest has a plethora of uses of washi tape in action, you can check them out here.
Need some washi tape? Here are some to get you started:
*affiliate links used
If you’ve used washi tape, what have you used it for?