Staying organized can be challenging when you are working full-time and have young ones at home. It seems like the house always needs to be picked up and you wonder if you’ll house will every be organized again. Constantly picking up items and put them away gets exhausting after awhile and that’s when the breakdown of the organizing process starts.
Eliminate that dread by doing one thing in your house, put a box in every room. A box? Yes, here’s how this will work:
- Collect boxes to put in each room. Plan for at least 5-6. You can save any boxes you get delivered to your house (Amazon boxes are great) or get some small boxes from Home Depot. They don’t need to be very big but you don’t want them too small either.
- Put the boxes in the rooms that tend to be the most disorganized. That likely would be a living room, bedroom, kitchen, toy room. If you want to dress them up so they aren’t so plain, use fabric or wrapping paper.
- Keep the box next to a piece of furniture or in a corner that’s easily accessible.
- Throw in small items that make their way into the room during the week. This means any small toy, business cards, articles of clothing, pens, paper, pacifiers, etc.
- At the end of the week, take the box and empty it. It’s much easier and less time consuming to take that box and go to the room the item needs to be rather than to constantly go back and forth. This will also help clear clutter because you’ll realize there are some things you just don’t need.
What are some ways you’ve saved time with organizing?